Through All of Space + Time { Doctor Who Inspired Wedding Day Styled Shoot }

This project was a serious labor or love. Kiera of Jakfoto Films and I are huge fans of the BBC TV show Doctor Who…and one day was just hit with the idea of putting together a chic, Doctor Who styled inspirational shoot. It gave us a excuse to watch more of the show AND try to pack in as many show references as possible without hitting people over the head with them. We like to call them Easter-eggs. Our goal was to design a gorgeous wedding for those not familiar with the show, and for the fans let them have fun picking out Doctor Who references.

We love this idea of mixing geek with chic…something we don’t see too often sadly.

Because Kiera and I knew this shoot would become a larger production, very early on we asked Jen of First Pick Planning to come on board. With our powers combined….we created this eye candy.

We also had the honor of being featured on Green Wedding Shoes today! Feel free to check out the feature and give all the vendors involved some love.

Vendors:

Styled by: Jakfoto Films jakfoto.com | Candice Benjamin Photography candicebenjamin.com | First Pick Planning firstpickplanning.com

Cinematography: Jakfoto Films | Photography: Candice Benjamin Photography | Coordination: First Pick Planning  | Print Design: Mintwich Design | Floral Design: Studio Ooh La La | Wedding Dress: Hope Stanley of Mary Me Bridal | Cape + Earings: BHLDN | Gold Birdcage Veil: Tessa Kim | Ceremony Venue: Big Bear Solar Observatory | Ceremony Make-up and hair: Melissa Abad Makeup | Fourth Doctor’s Scarf: NoemisKnits | TARDIS “Spoilers” Kindle Cover: mdk Studios 898 | Reception Venue: Huron Substation | Reception Make-up and hair: Evelyn Lui of Serene Bridal Beauty | Cake: A Twist of Cake | Table Number Art: Meghan Stratman | Dining Furniture and Place Settings: Classic Party Rentals | Statement Furniture & Pendant Lights: FormDecor | Lighting: Mastermind Production Group | Cocktail Bar: Night Owl Productions | Video soundtrack: Chris Bartella – Anthem Falls Music | Ceremony backdrop, seating chart, star prisms & table numbers: DIY | Eleventh Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver & The Master’s Pocket Watch: ThinkGeek

Extra Special Thanks To: Kasey McKay, Josh McKay, Jay Moore, AJ Murden, Chris Wayne, and Bree Rhoten

Jakfoto Films also created a video that included even more nerdy references and the best fake vows I’ve ever heard.

Through All of Time and Space: Wedding Inspiration from Doctor Who from Jakfoto Films on Vimeo.

Note: We put together this inspirational styled shoot because things like this make my heart happy. It’s a real couple that modeled for us, but all of the ideas and styling was put together by the vendors involved. Jakfoto Films and myself did the bulk of styling and DIY-ing (yes, we stayed up till 3am for a few weeks straight glittering balls and painting old windows), but it wouldn’t of been put together without the help of everyone. I would consider myself so lucky to photograph a real wedding like this. Lets make Geek Chic a thing. And I will be there in a double-heartbeat to photograph it.

Planning your own wedding? Want to see how we gathered our ideas for the shoot?You can see our Pinterest board here.

Candice

Related Posts with Thumbnails
January 28, 2013 - 4:30 PM

Trude - So many brilliant touches! Love all the thoughtful details, right down to the TARDIS key on her bouquet and the companion and sweetie tags on the chairs. Gorgeously done!

January 30, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Ali - Okay as a whovian, current fiancé, and photographer I just nearly regenerated. I’ve spent more time on Pinterest then I’ve kept up reading other photog blogs. Then I saw this on a wedding website, and fell in love and nearly kicked my self in the behind for not keeping up with your blog! We live in miami and decided to have a full blown rustic wedding but decided our mutual love of the doctor (10 for me, 11 for him) needed to be incorporated in a grooms cake or a tardis photo booth. This just confirms it. I may even need to cange my theme after this!

January 31, 2013 - 8:45 AM

Jessica Danielle - blew my mind. gorgeous everything <3

February 6, 2013 - 2:17 PM

Brianna - This seriously is amazing, like I am over the top jealous. And I love it, so much. lol. I kept saying no way, scrolling, no way, I really did love it (obviously eh??? haha!)

February 8, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Tracey - These images are stunning!

February 25, 2013 - 4:29 PM

Kristin Cooley - This is BEAUTIFUL Candice. You and Kiera are amazing!! I love all of the colors, details, every last bit.

March 26, 2013 - 1:18 PM

senan - Amazing! I am so inspired for my own who themed wedding. Thank you for sharing.

April 3, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Arbine - Love love love this! So gorgeous!

April 3, 2013 - 7:01 PM

Carolita - I love everything about this shoot! The bride and her gown are especially stunning.

April 3, 2013 - 7:07 PM

Kelly - That is probably the most beautiful wedding dress I’ve ever seen.

April 3, 2013 - 7:45 PM

Rinna - Great photos, colours, and concept! Congrats to the happy couple.

April 3, 2013 - 8:24 PM

Emily - Gorgeously geeky!! The only other Easter-eggs I would add would be a banana (can’t have a party without one) and stock the bar with banana daiquiris.

April 3, 2013 - 9:24 PM

Louise - soooo….. no guests at this wedding then?

April 4, 2013 - 2:59 AM

Mix - This is absolutely great!!

April 4, 2013 - 4:28 AM

Raquel - Well, now anything I do for my wedding is just going to seem bleak and dull by comparison. This is amazing!!!

April 4, 2013 - 9:01 AM

Michelle - I love the brides freckles :) and the dress is gorgeous!!! I’m planning a Doctor Who Inspired Wedding of my own in May 2013. Where can I find the chair signs?!?

April 4, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Candice - Hey! I would love to help! I found the chalkboard chair signs on Etsy and just used a chalk pen to draw the words on them. :) Actually, I have really bad handwriting, so a friend wrote them! The Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/people/EventDesignShop

April 4, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Candice - It was just an inspirational shoot put on by the vendors. :)

April 7, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ken Clench - The attention to detail is phenomenal! Fun, yet elegant and absolutely beautiful! Well done to all involved. Allons-y! (as they say)

April 8, 2013 - 9:57 AM

Andrew Richardson - Fantastic! I only wish the Bible the “preacher” is holding had been River Song’s journal!

April 8, 2013 - 1:42 PM

Holly - perfect. this whole thing is perfect. <3

April 10, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Tor - Gorgeous! I’m always sceptical of themed weddings, but this is so subtle and classy. Love your photography style too.

April 10, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Lori - FTW!!

April 10, 2013 - 11:40 AM

Kim - ALLONS-Y! Its lovely, I LOVE the key’s, the 11 windows, the vows were perfect. Lovely couple too!

April 15, 2013 - 6:54 PM

Anna - These are absolutely gorgeous photos of an absolutely romantic event and words can’t properly describe how much this is such a fetish with me..I don’t want to get married for this reason, but this wedding ceremony makes me feel like my old incurable romantic all over again..thanks again!!! :D

April 29, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Ashley - This is gorgeous! I love Geek Chic- beautiful and tasteful, but still lots of fun. Thanks for all your hard work, and for sharing it with us! (P.S. The “wedding vows” were great- especially the “Together or not at all” Very well done!)

May 2, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Holly - I love the invitations and dinner menu. Does the Gallifreyn script mean anything in particular or is it just Gallifreyn designs? I would to have invitations similar to this.

October 11, 2013 - 9:02 PM

wedding dress - Amazing. A romantic wedding is filled with color.

November 7, 2013 - 4:43 PM

Lua - Hey, guys, wonderful job. I am currently planning my wedding and you guys inspired me so much!
Now, let me ask you something… those golden stars at the tables… where did you find those? I am looking all over the internet, but I can’t seem to find them…. :( Would you mind helping this Whovian here?
many thanks!

January 30, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Something Blue: Doctor Who Wedding Inspiration | Celebrity Endorsement Booking Agents <<< Celebrity Endorsement Deals - [...] the element that ties traditional wedding features to the universe of this sci-fi passion. Source: Candice Benjamin Photography via Green Wedding [...]

February 11, 2013 - 11:09 AM

MIXING GEEK WITH CHIC – DOCTOR WHO INSPIRED SHOOT | Mintwich Graphic Design - [...] MIXING GEEK WITH CHIC – DOCTOR WHO INSPIRED SHOOT 2.11.13 To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the longest running science fiction television series, photography Candice Benjamin and cinematographer Kiera Faye of Jakfoto Films took their passion of the series and styled this lovely shoot for a “Whovian” wedding. Featured on Green Wedding Shoes, and you can also see more photos on Candice Benjamin’s blog here. [...]

April 3, 2013 - 5:17 AM

Wild Wedding Wednesday – Dr Who Inspired Wedding Day | Trawlergirl - [...] as I was searching for some inspiration I found this beautifully styled shoot by Candice Benjamin {Photography} It was being featured on one of my favourite wedding ‘go to’ inspiration blogs from [...]

April 3, 2013 - 12:00 PM

A Beautiful Doctor Who Inspired Wedding - [...] (Candice Benjamin via WGW) [...]

April 7, 2013 - 1:22 PM

Perhaps the most beautiful Doctor Who-inspired wedding shoot in all of time … – io9 | The Fanatics - [...] couples are adding geeky touches to their weddings, so a pair of Doctor Who fans decided to craft a Whovian wedding shoot that would be both elegant and filled with references to the show. It’s just a shame that it [...]

April 8, 2013 - 6:31 AM

Dr. Who Inspired Wedding Shoot Will Tug at Your Nerdy Heart - [...] images shot by Candice Benjamin. Used with [...]

April 11, 2013 - 2:01 PM

Doctor Who Wedding! | Betty Le Bonbon Cheek Boutique - [...] Full set of images and details at Candice Benjamin. [...]

April 12, 2013 - 5:00 AM

Friday Favourites | Wedding Inspiration Round-up | Uschi & Kay – Oh-so-stylish weddings - [...] Video: This beautiful vintage film from First Kiss Productions makes me melt  Favourite Gown: This intricate dress drips with details – literally Favourite Bouquet: This bouquet for a vineyard wedding pops [...]

April 26, 2013 - 2:32 PM

Fan Girl Friday | The Huffman Post - [...] can check out all the pics here and totally be jealous that you didn’t have a Whovian wedding. (I think I may tell Hermione [...]

May 14, 2013 - 5:45 PM

Tuesday Tidbits | My Shiny Life - [...] I am OBSESSED with this Doctor Who inspirational shoot. I would love to work on a project similar to this in the future. It wouldn’t do a Doctor Who [...]

September 20, 2013 - 6:31 AM

Something old, new, borrowed, Tardis Blue! | No Casório – Vivs & Ogro - [...] E dá pra ver mais desse casório aqui ó [...]

November 19, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Tuesday Tidbits | My Shiny Life - [...] I know I’ve shared this before but I just can’t get over how gorgeous this Doctor Who Inspired Wedding Day Styled Shoot [...]

January 10, 2014 - 9:52 AM
February 3, 2014 - 3:04 PM

Wild Wedding Wednesday – Dr Who Inspired Wedding Day | Trawlergirl - […] as I was searching for some inspiration I found this beautifully styled shoot by Candice Benjamin {Photography} It was being featured on one of my favourite wedding ‘go to’ inspiration blogs from […]

April 23, 2014 - 7:32 PM

Welcome to “Wedding Wednesday”! | Michigan Maven - […] So beautiful. You can see the whole thing here! Spoilers, go look. It’s […]

August 23, 2014 - 5:17 AM

Doctor Who-Themed Wedding from tumblr | Bitch with Wi-fi - […] Photos by Candice Benjamin Photography, see more here! […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.